Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bonnie Springs...


Today we took the kids to Bonnie Springs. Madi and Luke enjoyed riding the ponies and seeing all the animals.




I'm glad the kids enjoyed it, because it cost $20 to get in, $6 per kid to ride the pony, $1.50 for a can of soda that tasted horrible (we checked the bottom for expiration date and it was January of 2008...it tasted awful!)! We parked and then took this little train ride over to the animals. We were waiting on the train when we were ready to leave and the "train commander" (if that's what you call him) Said hold on a minute, I'll be right back...didn't think anything of it! Well about 30 seconds later Mike says, "Look! Our driver is over in the bushes and he's peeing!" So needless to say he took a pee, zipped his zipper and troddled back over to the train! Literally maybe 15 ft. away! I could have lived without Madison whining every 10 minutes about how thirsty she was, Luke falling every 10 minutes, and flies and other unwanted insects surrounding me, but over all it was fun:)

5 comments:

Krista said...

Welcome to a Las Vegas "zoo". Good ole Bonnie Springs. It's like walking into hickville with a few animals in cages. But yes, the kids love it. Oh, but wait, did you stay a watch the Old West Show?!

Mandy Frehner said...

Oh wow, I knew it was a little shady, but peeing 15 feet away…gross.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

lol, I think you have convinced me not to go visit there. :) I am not much for hot, dusty, and stinky animals anyway! How about we just go shopping,Sara?

Katie said...

I love Luke's tilted head pose. Too cute. Bonnie Springs sounds like Disneyland prices without the class.:)

Wubird said...

Did the chickens have large tallons?