Saturday, December 6, 2008

Family Traditions...

My friend Natalie blogged about some traditions their family has and I thought they were fun! I love having Christmas traditions! A few of my favorite are:

~Christmas Eve we always have the kids open up a new pair of pajamas to wear to bed. We've done this in my family forever. I remember when we were younger me and my cousins all had cute little matching pajamas.

~Christmas Eve we have also started the "ugly sweater" contest. We started this tradition a couple of years ago. You've probably read about it on a previous post. We basically find the ugliest Christmas/Holiday sweaters we can find and then have a contest to decide who found the ugliest one. It is a lot of fun! I didn't think the guys would go for it at first, but they did and they end up finding some hilarious shirts/sweaters:)

~At Mike's mom's house we play BINGO...sometimes at Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. It is so much fun. His mom buys lots of fun gifts and we play like 10 rounds of BINGO:) It's lots of fun!

~Every year we buy a new ornament for our tree. It usually has something to do with what went on that year...Like my first year of teaching we bought a teacher ornament, when Madi was born a new baby one, etc. (I think a lot of people may do this??)

Anyhow, I want to know what fun traditions any of you have...I just might steal them:)

6 comments:

Nat Lud said...

I love Bingo! I want to play! Those are way fun. I'm definitely going to try to steal that ugly sweater idea!

Kerri said...

You have been tagged!! you know you love it:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

The ugly sweater one is hilarious! BINGO sounds fun too. We have just started the tradtion of getting a new pair of pjs for all of us in the family. Little kids and parents included. My mom, sisters, and I all get matching pj bottoms and the guys all get matching pj bottoms.

Lindsey said...

I am so stealing the ugly sweater contest idea. Sounds fun. We do the whole pj thing, and on Christmas Eve we all load up in my Dads 'starmobile' (creepy looking van), and look at Christmas lights. The van barely runs, so it is always very exciting!

Krista said...

I don't know why or how it started but every Christmas Eve we have pizza for dinner. Also, my absolute favorite is on Christmas morning at my dad's after opening gifts we have a giant Nerf war! So far nothing has been broken and we are inside and out of the house. It's a blast and even the little kids love to run around with their Nerf toys.

Me said...

I like Linds' starmobile tradition. that made me laugh.
Where do you get your ugly sweaters? We have an ugly sweater contest for Mark's work this year...on Friday...and I have yet to buy any. Savers?