Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day...

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is already over and the Christmas countdown has begun! This year has flown by! Thanksgiving Day Mike worked at the hospital until about 4pm. That night we went to my parents house and had Thanksgiving dinner. I think I've gained 5 lbs. this weekend:) Anyway, we had lots of great food and we all enjoyed (the girls of course) looking at the Black Friday ads. My mom is a Black Friday fanatic...she wakes up and is at the stores bright and early. I on the other hand would rather pay the regular price for something than to wake up that early and deal with crazy people who all want the same things. So I get the best of both worlds...I sleep in, and I give my mom my list of deals to get.


Mike and I


Madison and her cousins Taylor, Cadence, and Arielle.

Grandpa and Luke


Madison, Cadence, Luke, Arielle, Taylor, Chloe, and Christian.


Madi and Lukey
I'm so excited for Christmas. I love this time of year. Madi and Luke are both at a fun age and are looking forward to Santa coming. Madi keeps asking me when it's going to snow...Uh...we live in Las Vegas Madison...that happens like once every couple years on some random day where no one is expecting it! Poor girl...She was already to go outside and play in the snow like Caillou. Looks like we'll be making a trip up to Mt. Charleston.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm with you on the black Friday topic! I like my sleep way too much! Cute pictures, especially the one of you and Mike. I love this time of year too, now if I could just get someone to do my shopping for me and pay for it!

Heidi said...

That is cute what Madi said about the snow:-) Next year I think that you should go do the block Friday thing, and I'll sleep in! just kidding!!! Anyway, I had lots of fun at your moms house. I am lucky Matt has such a wonderful family:-)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I think I must be crazy! I haven't missed Black Friday since I was 13. this year since I was on bedrest I thought I was gonna have to miss for the first time but my aunt had a wheelchair for me to borrow and my mom and I hit the stores by 5am.(I figured it was ok since I just sit in a Lazy boy recliner all day anyway, so same difference) Last year I was up at 3am and at Kohls before they opened at 4am. This year I was a LITTLE less adventurous with my 5am. Could be the pregnancy thing. :) Austin keeps getting threatened with NO presents from Santa if he is naughty. I love that Madi wants to know when it will snow. Tell her I want to know too! :)

Nat said...

Nice that your mom fights the crowds for you! It's fun to see your fam in those pictures. Of course I think you should read the Twilight books asap but I think it would be okay to go see the movie first. Have fun! Let me know!

Me said...

That picture of you and Mike is so perfect! You look gorgeous! You should send it as your Christmas card, who really cares about the kids anyway? haha kidding, kidding. I have done Black Friday a few times, this year I went with a friends from up here. It was fun, but I don't think we hit the right stores because I didn't get many killer deals. Then I got home and was so wiped out that I started bawling as I was making stuffing for another family thing we had later that day. I was crying over stuffing. Then I took a nap and was all good.
If you can squeeze something in, we should hang out soon!

Sadie said...

Hey there Mike and Sara,
It's the Bowcutt's. The long lost Bowcutt's. Your kids are so cute and grown up. I just read about Luke and his binky. Karter's is still his best friend. Maybe one day we'll be "dinky" free.

Kerri said...

Your pictures turned out way better than mine. I had fun at Thanksgiving too. You totally missed out on Black Friday though, cuz me and Mom had lots of fun pushing people out of our way.

Nicole said...

Hey, love the new pic on top. It is soooo cute. Anyway, two years ago we were spending Christmas in Vegas. Mitchell kept telling everyone that it was going to snow. We all kind of laughed about it and hoped he wouldn't be too disappointed. Well, he was right. It snowed enough for us to throw snowballs and make a snowman and angels. It could happen, it's just not very likely. Take her to Mt. Charleston.

Katie said...

I love the pictures! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving except you missed the excitement---BLACK FRIDAY!!! That's the best part! One day you'll be a believer. I'm going to tell your mom to accidentally lose your list...then you'll have to come and experience the joy of waiting to check out for 30 minutes for $4 pajamas. Fun times:)