Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday, Mike!

Today is Mike's big "30th" Birthday! Yesterday morning we dropped the kids off with my sister, and she watched them for us until this morning. We first went and ate at one of our favorite little Mediterranean restaurants called Paymon's! It is over near UNLV, and if you've never eaten there, they have the best gyros in town! Then we went to the Bellagio and checked in... since we live in Vegas we never really go down on the strip, so I decided this would be a fun way to celebrate Mike's big 3, 0, kid free, and just a relaxing day with just the two of us. Anyhow, after we checked in, we walked around the shops a little bit (all of which are way to expensive), and checked out the Botanical Garden. Then last night we went and ate at a restaurant in the Venetian called The Grand Lux Cafe. It is owned by the Cheesecake Factory. We had this awesome Chicken Parmesan, and Greek salad. (We're on this greek kick lately!) The food was great. I would definitely go there again. Afterward, we went to see Phantom of the Opera. It was an excellent show! We had pretty good seats, too. The only bummer was I thought they'd be taking pictures there, and they didn't. So I had my camera, and was getting ready to ask this couple sitting next to us to take our picture, when the camera Nazi came by and told me to put my camera away. I told him I wasn't going to take pictures of the show, I just wanted a picture with my husband. He replied, "No pictures at all! The guy had to be around our age, and acting like he was the king of the Venetian Hotel. Jerk! Anyway, we took a couple of pictures afterwards. Then before we went back to our room at the Bellagio, we went to this yummy place called Jean-Philippe, and got 2 of the best crepes you will ever eat in your life! (If you can't tell we did a lot of eating! I'm going to have to go to the gym a lot over the next couple of weeks!) Anyway, the crepes are delicious, and right around the corner from the Botanical Garden at the Bellagio. So if you're ever there go get one! (See Pictures) That about ended our night, and let me tell you that the bed at the Bellagio was so dang comfortable. Mike and I both woke up feeling fantastic! I think we are going to be searching for a new bed here in the near future :) It was especially nice not having kids crammed up in our backs :) Once we checked out we came home and picked up the kids to relieve my sister who dealt with them for us! Thanks, Aunt Kerri! Anyhow, we had a wonderful time, and I know Mike enjoyed his Birthday fun! I also bought him a new Blackberry that he's been wanting! (all of this is well deserved! He is such a hard worker, and does so much for me and the kids) Happy Birthday, Mikey! I love you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

happy 30th, mike! sounds like a great birthday!

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday Mike! Can you remember when you thought 30 was old?

CB said...

Welcome to the 30 Club Mike! :) Jarv has been a member much longer than I have (well, okay so just a year longer but who's really counting anyway). Happy Birthday..and what a great weekend!

Nat said...

Congrats! My hubby just turned 30 this past year also! I wish we had celebrated like you though! I want to eat at all of those places! Too bad we're not in Vegas anymore. Maybe next time we come down.

Katie said...

What a fun way to celebrate 30!!! I'm taking a page out of your book-No kids, great hotel, yummy food-NICE!

Peyton AWESOME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peyton AWESOME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.