Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Sweet & Sassy Little Madi!






Oh, my little Madison! She is my little OCD girl, who can either be the sweetest little girl on earth or a sassy little 4 year old who thinks she's already 14. Here are some of her OCD traits... Mike says she gets most of them from me, but I'm not quite so sure!


1. The minute she wakes up in the morning she has to immediately get dressed. (Even before breakfast)


2. She has only certain outfits she likes to wear because in her words, "This outfit makes me look so cute." (as she stares at herself in the mirror! Oh, no! what am I going to do when she's a teenager!)


3. The minute we get home from going anywhere, she puts on this little dress I bought her for 4th of July last year. (She reminds me of an old lady coming home and putting on her moo-moo:)


4. She recently only likes to wear certain pj's to bed, which drives me insane, since I just bought her some very cute pj's not that long ago, that she refuses to wear!


5. She is all about routine, and the minute you mess that up for her, she cannot handle it!


6. This last winter, she always wanted to wear her "little pants" (which are shorts). It was always such a hassle before preschool getting her to put on pants... Even if we had her outfit all planned out the night before. She would cry and want her little pants on... That was such a pain in the butt!


7. The minute she gets out of the bath tub, she wants me to blow dry her hair. She hates it wet... And no, I did not give her the idea to blow dry it, after many fights of her not wanting me to wash her hair she finally said to me one day, "You can wash it, but you need to blow dry it afterwards." Ok Miss Sassy pants...I'm glad we know who thinks they rule the household!




Those are just a few of her OCD traits...There are too many to mention! I could be here all night! (As you can tell, most of my struggles w/her have to do w/some sort of article of clothing.) What am I going to do w/this girl...




Now I have to mention Madi's sweet little traits, and believe it or not, there are more sweet sides of her than Sassy!


1. She is a great big sissy, and plays so good w/Luke...(As I'm saying this they're arguing over a toy...But that's pretty rare.)


2. She loves to help me w/chores around the house... and let me say she can fold laundry better than I can!


3. She is so good about reminding us to pray, and she can say a great prayer for a 4 year old.


4. She loves family home evening and she can remember so much. (It's just a reminder to me of how much little ones pick up on!)


5. She is very good at playing w/any child we are around, and rarely do I have to remind her to share.


6. She is very smart...and I'm not just saying this because she's my child. She really loved preschool and loves anything to do w/learning new things. (I think this has to do w/her being my first born, too!)


7. She loves her mommy and daddy and tells us all the time!


8. She knows when to put me in my place. The other day I was yelling at her and Luke for making a huge disaster mess in their room and she said, "You don't have to yell for us to know what you want us to do!" I was just like, Wow! She's better about dealing w/situations than I am:)


9. She will give Luke something and she'll say, "Do you like that little buddy?" I don't know why but I just laugh everytime she does that!


10. And last, but not least, she's just so darn cute, You can't help but love her!




I know this is long, but I mostly posted this for myself, so I can remember what my little girl was like at 4 years old. She is a very funny little girl, and we love having her in our family!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

what a sweet post! she sounds like a fabulous little lady!

CB said...

Sara, Sara..it so must be a girl thing..sounds darn familiar. :)

Me said...

She is such a sweetie. I don't know what to tell you about all the girlie things, though! I don't even blow my own hair or dress myself in a cute dress everyday...my girls would be screwed.

I love the Gwen music on your blog!

Tara Joy said...

Hey what is wrong with putting on a moo moo when you get home :) I love that she is so sweet to her younger brother. That is great and by the way she can come and fold laundry at my house any day.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOL! I LOVE that she told you you don't have to yell at them to get them to do what you want. That's going to be Austin any day now. I am such a "yeller" and I need to quit! It's terrible. I love her OCD traits. So funny.That's so great that she's good with Luke. She is a cutie!

Taylor family said...

What a cute post. It's funny to read because #1 I can't picture the sassy side and #2 it sounds exactly like Ashlyn. Teenage life will definitely be interesting.

Heidi said...

We just LOVE LOVE LOVE Madi! She is a very sweet girl! She is always nice to Cadence and Arielle and SO good with baby Chloe! Tell her she did a good job watching her at Activity Days the other day! I am so glad that I married Matt so that I could be in such a WONDERFUL family like this!
I always get a laugh out of her "little pants" thing.... way funny!
LOVE YOU MADI!!

Mandy Frehner said...

I think Madi and Dominic were plotting their OCD traits in Heaven. Madi is very sweet and we love her!

Katie said...

Aren't girls fun? You get to relive all the joy and emotional suffering you put your own parents through. I know I was the same way and had my own OCD tendencies! :)

Lindsey said...

Avrie and Madison sound identical. She is so funny about her clothes! Everything "bugs" Avrie. Sorry I took off so quick the other day at the park. We have to do it again, maybe indoors or in a swimming pool next time!

Nat said...

So funny Sara because so many of her traits are like my little girl. Maybe its a first child thing??? Especially the clothes thing. I just bought some super cute summer clothes but she refuses to wear some of them and it ticks me off! But what a cute girl. Cute kids you have!

Nicole said...

No worries. I've given my kids my OCD too. Mitchell especially. But I definitely have the clothes battles with Catherine several times a day. Isn't that frightening. She is such a cutie!!