Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lukester!




Luke with all of his cousins (and uncle Brad!)

There's the birthday boy!!

Luke pulling the first string on the pinata!

Luke getting ready to blow out his birthday candle :)

Today is Luke's 2nd Birthday! He definitely has already hit the "terrible 2's!" He is a handful, but he is also our sweet little boy! We had a birthday party for him yesterday with just family. (With my family alone, there are a ton of kids!) He loves Buzz Lightyear and Woody, so I decorated with Toy Story stuff. The kids played pin the badge on Woody, and had a fun time w/the buzz lightyear pinata! I loved that pinata. It was a safer version, where each kid gets a chance to pull a string at the bottom of it and only one string opens the pinata. (Much better than one of them knocking another child out while trying to hit it w/a bat!) After we ate, played games, and opened presents, we gave all of the kids each a buzz lightyear kite, and they had a fun time flying kites for awhile! It was also exciting because my brother and sister-in-law were in town with their kids, so it was nice hanging out with them. Lukey got some fun gifts: Buzz Lightyear, lots of books, Buzz bubble blower, Toy Story 2, Baseball, baseball bat and glove, hats, Little Tikes land toys, and Woody. Today we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Christian's house and had more yummy cake and ice cream. It was a fun filled weekend for us, and I can't belive my little boy is already "2." Luke is so funny, and has started talking a lot more lately! His favorite phrase these days is, "To infanty an beyon" (translation: to infinity and beyond!) Go figure...LOL.

11 comments:

CB said...

Happy Birthday Luke! So glad Saydi wants a "friends" party this year..ya know..5 or 6 of her little girlfriends over for pizza and a movie..Jarv is so over doing the whole family birthday parties! Looks like Luke had a great birthday! Yay for the Terrible Two's..NOT!

Peyton AWESOME said...

Sara, prepare for the worst year of your life! Kevin pains me. NO! PLEASE! NO! OW!. He killed me just there):

Nicole said...

12 months to two years is much harder than two to three. At least they can communicate with you at that point. The worst is over, every month will get a little better now. Anyway, he's a cutie!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday to that cutie pie! what a fun party!

Heidi said...

Sara, we had such a fun time at Luke's party! You put a lot of hard work into it! I can't believe he is already 2 also! Happy Birthday Luke, we love you!!!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Luke! That's so cute. Wow, I can't believe he's 2. Seems like yesterday I saw you in Carter's with him and he was just LITTLE!

Me said...

Happy Birthday Luke! It does not seem like he can be 2 already!! What a fun party. Did you draw that Woody?

Mandy Frehner said...

Fun party! Dominic still wants to fly the kites and asks about it every two seconds! I am grateful that we have such a big family. I am especially glad that Luke and D will be so close! Here's to cousins!!

Tara Joy said...

Wow, he is two. No way. He is just so cute. I am glad your party was a huge success. I have never heard of a pinata like that. That is very age appropiate. There is something about Buzz and Woody that all little boys just love.

Carly said...

Hello old friend! I miss you!!! I found you through Holly. You haven't aged a day. Beautiful as ever and what beautiful children! I bet you are an amazing mommy. I haven't seen you since my wedding reception (and you were engaged!) Time goes by so quickly. I'm so jealous that I wasn't out to lunch with you, Holly, Mandy, and Jessica. I miss old friends. Anyway, look up my blog or something sometime cause I would love to regain contact with you. Miss you woman! -Carly Wood (Wilkins)

Lindsey said...

Isn't it funny how they are only 2 years old, but already get obsessed with movie characters. Noah loves Shrek, and he has for a long time! We always have a pinata at the Christmas party, I think I will suggest the safer alternative!