Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My toothless Girly...


Madison finally lost her first tooth today! She's been waiting for this day for a long time. For those of you that know Madi, you know what a drama queen she can be. So her tooth was really loose and I got some dental floss and was pulling at it pretty good this morning (but in a gentle sort of way....wanted to keep the drama to a minimum!) Well, we went over to my moms this morning and let me tell ya Grandma Wendy has no shame! She wiggled it, grabbed a tissue and yanked that bad boy out! The drama lasted about 10 minutes, but after that Madi was soooooo excited the toothfairy would be coming tonight. She then asked me the following questions:
Madi: Is there only one toothfairy?
Me: yes???
Madi: Does she have wings?
Me: yes???
Madi: What does she do with my tooth?
Me: Hmm...Good Question???
Madi: How much money is she going to leave me?
Me: Hmm..probably a dollar???

I'm new to all this tooth business, so is a dollar the going rate for the tooth fairy? Or...am I a cheapo??

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm telling you Cory is so like your Mom. He does the exact same tissue thing showing no mercy. Since you're asking, we gave $5 for the first tooth, $2 for the second and $1 for the rest. No you are not a cheapo :)

Mandy Frehner said...

Madi is so funny…and smart too. Good thing you have Wendy to do the dirty work:)

Lindsey said...

My toothfairy always gave us one silver dollar, so that is what we do too. Luckily I have a dad that owns a convienient store and snags the silver dollars when he sees them!
I don't really know how to answer all of those questions either! They should have a book out so everyone gets their stories straight, especially at Christmas time!

Tara Joy said...

Our fairy always leaves one dollar and a pack of sugarless bubble gum. So a dollar is terrific. There is the cutest book called A Tooth Fairy's Tale about the workings of a toothfairy. It is really so cute and can clear up any toothfairy questions in the world.

Taylor family said...

We did a dollar for the 1st 2 teeth and the Trident gum. When Ashlyn lost her 2nd and 3rd teeth she got $2. Her big front tooth she got $3 because it was a big one and because it came out after she smashed it into Avery's head, but the rest she'll probably get $1 or $2. She looks so cute with her toothless smile:)

Heidi said...

Mandi is so cute w/ her missing tooth! I told Cadence that she lost a tooth, and now she is way jealous! I think $1 is good! Thank goodness for Grandma Wendy!

Nat said...

Wow! Guess I'm in for it when my kids lose their teeth! I thought a quarter would be good... guess I'm the cheap-o. So a $1 huh? Guess you are right in their it sounds. I like the silver dollar idea.. or maybe those gold dollars with the indian lady on it.

The Hardy's said...

I was looking back at my blog archives to see how much moolah the tooth fairy brought Evan when he lost his 1st back in September but I obviously didn't write about it because I can't find it. I did however write about him losing the tooth. I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy brought 2 quarters for the 1st tooth and 1 quarter for the second. So I'm guessing the tooth fairy is going to bring $.25 for every tooth lost after the first. Now that I'm thinking about it, I better remember to write these things down. Good luck! $1.00 sounds like an awesome deal!

The Hardy's said...

Now that I've read all your other comments, ditto to NAT, I guess our tooth fairy is the cheap-o! Oh well, whatever works for your tooth fairy I guess is 'fair'-y game :)

CB said...

The toothfairy doesn't leave $ over here (well, she did for saydi's 1st tooth...and it was only $1)...and she doesn't come at night (she is quite forgetful). She brings a desired little trinket (in Saydi's case whatver fun looking piece of jewelry the tooth fairy can find) and leaves it under their pillow while they are at school.

Blue Bunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.