Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hawaii

Mike and I went to Hawaii last week and of course had a wonderful time! It was nice being away from everyday life and spend quality time together! We went for our 10 year anniversary (about 8 months early)! It was my first time going to Hawaii and it was beautiful!

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center to watch the show and go to the Luau. It was pretty cool to see...but I do have to say now that I've seen it, I don't really care to see it again!


And of course we went to Pearl Harbor! It is so sad going there and knowing what these men and women went through....it was very touching! We went there 3 days after the 68th anniversary!

USS Arizona...soooo sad!






Our view from our room....Beautiful!

The sunset on the beach...it was paradise!


Our shuttle driver found out it was our anniversary and got us leis. On our shuttle drive over to the Polynesian Cultural Center, we stopped at the Dole Plantation. It was pretty cool seeing all the pineapple, and eating the pineapple ice cream...delicious!




My handsome hubby!


Me.

I know I hate when I read other blogs and everyone is talking about how wonderful and great their lives our....so I apologize if this post makes you want to throw up! LOL...I do have to say though that I am grateful that I have such a wonderful hubby and LOVED going to Hawaii!

9 comments:

Taylor family said...

Once again, I'm soooo jealous:)

Katie said...

I've been checking your blog to see this post. Beautiful pics and it looks like you had a great time. You were nice & warm when we were freezing :) p.s. It did not make me want to throw up!

Lindsey said...

I am so jealous! One day...

Me said...

You're looking pretty sessy in that last pic. heehee You guys deserved a break more than almost anyone I know. So glad you got a nice, relaxing getaway. Isn't the ice cream at Dole soooo good?! I remember that like it was yesterday. ha

Nat Lud said...

So fun! Where did you guys stay? It looks like where we stayed. I agree about the PCC. I've seen it now and I'm ok not seeing it again! So glad ya had a great time!

Nat said...

I'm jealous but I got to live there for 2 years... so I can't be too jealous! ;) But it makes me want to go back!!! Glad you got to go..everyone needs to go there. Maybe we can go for our 10th. Thanks for planting the idea in my mind.

Heidi said...

Glad that you guys had such a good time! I bet it was nice to be away from the kids and just be with Mike! I hope that Matt and I will be able to go(maybe for our 11 year aniv.)

MKSIMS said...

Oh gosh, your life is so perfect, I just want to puke! Ha ha, JK, you are so funny, Sara! I don't think anyone was thinking that ;)Mark and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and it was so awesome. I would love to go back. I thought the same thing about the PCC, cool, but once is enough. Glad you guys had a good time! Hopefully I'll get to see you guys this time while I'm down.

The Hardy's said...

What fun!!!! When we got married,I told my hubby I wanted to go to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary. 10 years seemed like such a long time away then, but now that we're almost there, it has gone by very fast.


Glad you had fun.