Saturday, March 31, 2012

IVF

Last September I started going through In Vitro process. It's quite the process. After going through all my shots, egg retrieval, etc., we were able to get 4 embryos. In October, they transferred 2 fresh embryos in me. I ended up miscarrying only a couple weeks later. I had what is called a biochemical pregnancy. It was really hard on me. The only thing that made me stay positive was the fact that they were able to freeze the other 2 embryos. Mike and I decided to wait until after the holidays and let my body get rid of all the hormones before we'd do it again. We decided on March. So, this last Thursday, the 29th, we had the last 2 embryos transferred. I've been on bed rest since then. (Thankfully this is my last day:-) I go back for blood work next Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Those test will kind of give us a general idea of what's going on. I don't actually do my Pregnancy blood test until Easter Sunday, April 8th. I'm praying that they both take, though, I would be grateful if I can get at least one to take! I've been wanting another baby for so long now! I'll keep everyone posted with what's going on!

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm so eager to hear how it's going. Praying hard for you!! Love you lots.